Sponsored Links

Thứ Năm, 18 tháng 7, 2013

WSBK: Tom Sykes seeking the extension in Moscow

The points leader of the world for the derived series and its companion in the Kawasaki Racing Team, the young Loris Baz, announce their intentions to battle for the upcoming Grand Prix of Russia.



Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) is preparing to face ilGP of Russia this weekend as the World Superbike Championship points leader, a completely new role for him. After missing out on the title last for only half a point in favor of Max Biaggi, the British can now watch all the high down and tackle a weekend that, in the light of the physical problems of the main rival Sylvain Guintoli (Aprilia Racing) could launch it even higher in the standings.

Sykes arrives in Russia with all the underdogs: so far won 6 of the 7 Superpoles available (missing only one of the opening round at Phillip Island), is a veteran of two goals from Imola, has won 4 of the last 6 rounds (5 wins in total season) and has a positive tradition in Moscow: in the first edition last year, the 28 year old Huddersfield took the win in the first round (thus becoming the first ever winner of the SBK in Russia) and a second in Race 2 , Melandri on reversing the position with two podiums, and 6 points ahead of Guintoli and 45 on the third-placed Eugene Laverty, things for English seem to turn for the better. These are the words of Tom Sykes in light of the Moscow Raceway:

"Last year the Moscow Raceway was new for everyone, and I consider myself very good at learning new tracks. My confidence in Kawasaki and the team is up and I knew then that the package available would allow me to do well, and so it was. Like almost all of my rivals now I know the track well, so there will be more the surprise factor, but I must admit that as a track I really like. We have written a page in history last year by winning the first race here forever and this gives me a good deal of additional motivation. The track is very narrow, winding and technique, but has been shown to be able to give some good races. "


At Imola Loris Baz crashed heavily in practice, but still managed to collect championship points (ninth and sixth in the two races) and to remain in sixth position in the championship. These are his remarks to the round vigiglia Moscow:

"After the race at Imola, now I feel good. We have made ​​good progress in testing before the last round, but unfortunately I could not fully give a demonstration in Italy because of the accident I did before the race. Now we will try to show our best step on the circuit of Moscow. Last year this was not my favorite layout, but I think we have improved a lot since the beginning of the year. I want to be with those ahead of this weekend, or at least very close to them. My feeling with the bike is really good and we lack a little for giovarcela with the strongest riders. We must always try to be with them, every weekend, and we all know the direction we must take to continue to improve. "

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét